Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC connection - flaring pipe

On 2/7/2012 11:20 PM, micky wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:21:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/7/2012 7:55 PM, wrote:
BINGO! Steel brake line will crack with a single flare, it's pretty hard stuff

It has to be to take the high pressures. I've seen the result of Billy
Bob the trailer mechanic trying to use copper tubing for a brake line. o_O

TDD

While we're on this subject, the brake line on my mother's car broke
when I applied the brakes Just in front of the left rear tire On a
'58 Ford.

The mechanic told her that it had broken becaues she needed new brake
shoes. There is no truth to that, is there?

I sort of doubt the line broke because the car needed new shoes. I had
the rubber brake line to the rear axle of a 63 Dodge break and I lost
all braking because the older car had a single master brake cylinder.
I was on an uphill lane when it happened so I lived. ^_^

TDD