Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default How old is too old for brake fluid and how do you test it? Tyre pressure gauges

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 16:47:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
'Cheap' Fords? Have you compared prices recently?
For a very long time Ford Uk have used the same brake makers as many
others - including BL.
And BL have produced some cars with about the worst brakes going. Mini.
SD1. Etc.

I had a Mini with no servo and drum brakes all around. Given enough
pressure on the pedal it would stop OK.

Depends what you mean by ok. It was very easy to make them fade away to
near nothing.

I don't recall having that problem, unlike a more modern fiat with
disc brakes. That was scary.
--
(\__/) M.