Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
Clive[_4_] Clive[_4_] is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In message , Ian Jackson
writes
IIRC, at first, UHF was not very popular in the USA. Tuners were pretty
rudimentary - consisting of virtually nothing except a triode variable
frequency oscillator and a crystal diode mixer (techniques essentially
borrowed from WW2 radar technology),

When I have a book about faults in American NTSC sets and was surprised
to see just how cut down they were. Instead of "I" subcarrier being
1.5MHz it was reduced in the sets to 1.0 MHz because that was the same
as the "Q" subcarrier and it made the sets cheaper to produce, with of
course the lower colour accuracy, but that came second to price.
--
Clive