Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default O/T: Hey Canucks

On 08 Feb 2012 12:01:26 GMT, Han wrote:
corrosive. Can that be managed sufficiently? Running such a pipeline
through environmental sensitive areas such as the aquifer area in
Nebraska (?) is asking for trouble - move it or else.

I would like the idea of building refineries in Alberta, and shipping
finished products ...

Kind of an opposite statement isn't it? On one hand, you're concerned
about environmental implications. On the other hand, you'd have us
process it and then ship it. What about the environmental effects of
processing it on Canadian soil? Just as long as the processing isn't
done in the US eh?

What about the environment implications if some of that highly refined
oil somehow finds its way onto American soil?

And then there's the added cost to the US if we did the processing
first before shipping it. At least if you're refining it, you save
some money. Money that is apparently in short supply in the cash
strapped US.