Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Outdoor thermostats again

On Feb 8, 10:40*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Jonathan Ward wrote:

Are you suggesting it is cheaper to run your heating all day rather
than just in the mornings and evenings?

Jonathan

It can be.

Especially if your boilers is vastly more efficient just keeping things
warm that heating from icy cold. And your insulation level is high.

We live in a solid brick building (three bricks thick at ground level
and have recently had the roof insulation upgraded to modern
standards. The really cold thing is the mill stream that runs under
the kitchen floor (wish we had had that insulated before it was
tiled). We have a three year old Ferroli condensing boiler - any
thoughts?

Jonathan