Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Timer switches and washing machines

Inductive loads?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Keefiedee" wrote in message
Can someone shed any light on this as it is puzzling me? Looking on
eBay for "UK 3 Pin 24HR 24 Hour Timer Programmable Mains Wall Home
Socket Plug-IN Switch", these are generally rated at 3200 or 3000
watts - yet they all look the same, and the one with the 3200 rating
also includes a warning that it is not to be used for washing machines
- which is exactly what I do want it for. I haven't scrabbled round
the back of my washing machine to see what wattage it is, but I can't
see it being more than 3000 watts, so why should there be this
warning?

Keith