Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor thermostats again

On 08/02/2012 01:02, NT wrote:
On Feb 7, 8:19 pm, Roger wrote:

I doubt whether changing insurers would help. When we bought the flat
two years ago, we looked at insurers and this one had by far the best
cover and the least exclusions when the property is unoccupied - it's
just a pity that they are catching up with the rest. I would really like
to find a way of logging the temperatures for a while to see what
happens inside with no heating when it's freezing outside. Leaving the
heating on would scupper that - but if I don't, I risk invalidating the
insurance.

Maybe its time to assess the no insurance option?

Interesting thought! The insurance is not *that* expensive - about £120,
which provides more than enough contents cover (£13k) in case of a
break-in, plus £5M Public Liability cover. It's probably worth it even
if the water leakage cover is restricted.
--
Cheers,
Roger