Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In message , Arny Krueger
writes:
[]
Oh good, we're going to argue about who can boil a kettle the fastest...
you couldn`t make it up!

No argument - the UK ring system seems to be vastly superior over our US 15
and 20 amp circuits when it comes to delivering more actual AC power to
appliances.

I think the voltage in use probably has about as much relevance as the
wiring system - at twice the voltage, the same power will require half
the current anyway. Doubling the wire as well obviously increases the
capacity too (or, allows the same capacity with thinner wire - though
I'm not as convinced by that argument as some).
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a
book. -Marcus Tullius Cicero, statesman, orator and writer (106-43 BCE)