Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/7/2012 1:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:07 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:37:47 -0600, wrote:
Shhh ... don't let Leon hear that. I was trying to set up a deal on his
old, POS, overused, wornout, soon to be obsolete, Domino!

Why? You two meet in the middle of the street every morning for the
daily tool swap anyway. Has Leon been holding out on you lately?

Now I'm wondering what other nifty tools he's been hoarding in his
workshop?

I won't be lending this one out:
http://www.woodessence.com/Mirka-CER...r-P186C59.aspx

Interesting. When I first saw the picture I thought it operated similar to a
Dremel or a Foredom with a cable and remote motor. The Mirka has mass and
ergonomics that are similar to the pneumatic Dynabrade sanders, and I can
attest to that being a very good thing:

http://www.abrasivesupply.com/Dynabr...ers_ s/61.htm

I really like the Dynabrades, but I'd be interested to see how the Mirka
compares. One thing I don't like about the Mirka is that you only have a
single (3/16") orbital pattern to choose from; Dynabrade offers 3/32", 3/16",
and 3/8" models. I use 3/32" Dynabrades extensively when making my rocking
chairs, and I do NOT like the models with the 3/16" orbital pattern; they can
"bang" up against perpendicular surfaces rather violently. Nor does Mirka
make a 3-1/2" model, which is a heavenly little machine to use. I'd imagine
that the Mirka would be cheaper to operate, because the Dynabrades gobble up
quite a bit of air and require a pretty hefty (and noisy!) air compressor.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.