Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/7/2012 1:05 PM, Robatoy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On 2/7/2012 12:34 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:23:41 -0600, wrote:
Are you going to switch to the XL when it comes out?

That's been discussed frequently on the FOG. The general consensus is
that the XL will not replace the original version because of the great
size differences in the dominos biscuits themselves.

Shhh ... don't let Leon hear that. I was trying to set up a deal on his
old, POS, overused, wornout, soon to be obsolete, Domino!

I have been watching a few European videos about the XL and it would
appear to me that one wouldn't want to get rid of the 'old' Domino.
That XL would work well in boat building, outdoor furniture and other
big projects. If I had to pick just one, it would still be the old style
Domino.
In my way of thinking, the XL would be hard to justify. (Unless I had a
ton of work for it, of course.)

Other than that, what am I missing?

I think I would use it for fence building, maybe timber frame
construction. ;~)