Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Removing broken hitch ball : Epilog

Steve W. wrote:

(...)

I tend to load my discs by laying them on a chunk of wood that has a small hole in it. Set disc over hole, push screw
through slide arbor up through hole from other side to catch screw and tighten down a bit.

OIC. Now I know what Forstner bits are for.

No matter what method is used, I think it would be great to have
a recess-hex head on the arbor screw so that one could trap it
on the end of an Allen driver using one's finger nail.

These look to be an M1.8 x 0.35 TP.

I also have saw blades, diamond wheels and sanding discs all loaded up as well.When I buy new stuff I usually buy kits
so I get some extra arbors for buffing/sanding drums/wheels.
One thing I have found with the cutting discs is that if you install a small O-ring or rubber washer on each side they
don't break as easily.

Something like this, say?
http://www.unicorpinc.com/metric_ins...flat-_.082.htm

--Winston