Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default snow shovel

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:13:29 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:
It's been an extrememly warm winter here (northern Minnesota) -
normally it's about -20F (-29C) at this time of year, but today it was
up around 45F (7C); I was up in the workshop in just a t-shirt. We've
only got about 6" of snow on the ground; usually it's a couple of feet
deeper than that by now. At least the heating bills aren't as horrific
as usual! :-)

But what is the *point* of weather like that?

:-) I don't mind it, TBH.. cold is cold - I think once you're in hat and
gloves territory it doesn't make much difference how cold it gets
outside. Sure, you have to be a bit more sensible about it - dress in
layers, keep blankets in the car just in case etc. - but on the whole a
cold day here isn't any different to a cold day in the UK.

Plus, it helps when it's that cold for long stretches of time; the body
gets used to it somewhat. The downside is that people do start going a
bit loopy toward the end of the season as cabin fever sets in ;-)

cheers

Jules