Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In article 4f31677c.93842656@localhost,
Cynic wrote:
So would you privatize it while making it compulsory?

That's how car insurance works, so I don't see why not.

I'm not sure that's a recommendation.

The snag with voluntary schemes is many will just take the risk it
won't happen to them.

In which case if it *does* happen to them, they will have to make
alternative arrangements along the lines I have already mentioned.

There are no doubt a high proportion of people who will decide that
they do not *need* such insurance because they have sufficient family
and friends who could step in as caraer should it become necessary.

Wish I had your confidence. I've a feeling there would be lots who would
end up relying on charity.

--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.