Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Outdoor thermostats again

Roger Mills wrote:
I think that most people's response to yesterday's thread about an
external stat to control a pond heater was "I wouldn't start from
here!" - and no-one identified any suitable stats.

I have another application for one - but Google hasn't come up with
anything sensible.

The insurers for my holiday flat are tightening up the cover for
damage due to water escape - and require either that all water is
drained when the flat is unoccupied between November and March, or
that the heating is left on all the time in order to maintain a
temperature of at least 13 degrees.

Bloody hell. MM would have a heart attack if he had to heat his house to 13
degrees and he lives in his house:-)

--
Adam