Jason Antonitis

Default 1st compressor for a novice woodworker

Hi,

I'm trying to decide which compressor to purchase. I have a $300
budget and I know I want an oil-lube compressor. I currently own brad
& finish nailers.

My future plans include using a HVLP conversion gun and possibly using
a compressor to drive a vaccuum press (I know I'll need a stationary
compressor for a HVLP gun).

I've narrowed the search to the following:

$288 - Sanborn SP0502013(Coleman) 20 gallon, oi-lube, 5.7 cfm @ 90
psi, belt drive, 130 max psi. This is a horizontal compressor on
wheels, but isn't that portable.

$299 - Ingersoll-Rand DD2T2 twin-stack compressor, 4 gallon, oil lube,
4.4 cfm @ 90 psi, direct drive, 125 psi.

I'm leaning towards the Ingersoll-Rand compressor and getting a larger
stationary compressor in the future. Does anyone see a benefit to
purchasing the Sanborn 20 gallon higher cfm compressor right now?

Any recommendations?