Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Why is older dishwasher not washing well?

On 2/7/2012 9:42 AM, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 7, 8:24 am, wrote:
On Feb 7, 3:02 am, Just wrote:

Like you said, "Lemi-Shine is a citric acid product." More
specifically, Lemi-Shine is an expensive way to buy citric acid, which
is its only active ingredient. If I knew then what I know now, I'd go
on amazon.com and buy bulk citric acid at about a third the price of
Lemi-Shine.

Lemi-Shine on sale at my grocery store was a push compared to ebay
with S&H.

But on a second look ..... I see that there is one vendor that can
beat my grocery store.

store bought citric acid ~$5.80 / lb
ebay 25 lbs delivered for $~ $2.90 / lb
ebay 10 lbs deleiverd for $~ $3.90 / lb

so if I don't mind storing some bulk I can cut the cost by 1/2 or 1/3.

ebay delivered price for citric acid - $27.90/10lb - $2.79/lb.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citric-Acid-...em2eb978 ab91

ebay delivered price for citric acid - $59.99/25lb - $2.40/lb.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-lb-Food-G...em35b8d8 0878

ebay delivered price for Lemi-Shine - $14.99/12oz. X 2 = $10.00/lb.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-lot-2-Le...em4cfe2b c1ee

ebay delivered price for Lemi-Shine - $/12oz. X 8 = $8.75/lb.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lemi-Shi...em4cfdad 3f02

ebay citric acid price for 10 lb. is 32% of best price for Lemi-Shine.

So if you don't mind storing some bulk you can cut the cost by over 2/3.