Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:56:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Surely that's what NI does? And without a private company making a
profit?

No, that's what NI was supposed to do. It also seems to make a loss for
the state (ie taxpayer)

So would you privatize it while making it compulsory?

That's how car insurance works, so I don't see why not.

The snag with
voluntary schemes is many will just take the risk it won't happen to them.

In which case if it *does* happen to them, they will have to make
alternative arrangements along the lines I have already mentioned.

There are no doubt a high proportion of people who will decide that
they do not *need* such insurance because they have sufficient family
and friends who could step in as caraer should it become necessary.

--
Cynic