Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Commercial (shop) lighting - recommendations?

On 07/02/2012 14:16, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Yes - good idea.
Most of my glass (stained / fused) are panels and are best displayed
with light behind them (that'll be a challenge!)...

A thick piece of perspex sheet (c10mm), tapered from bottom to top, with
the back polished and the front roughened, mounted on a box that
contains a light* that shines into the edge of the sheet. That will
produce a fairly evenly lit sheet that also acts as a display stand.

* I used to use strip lights sold for under kitchen cupboards, but a row
of LEDs would probably do as well these days, as well as producing less
heat for less power.

Colin Bignell