Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] grimly4@gmail.com is offline

Default How old is too old for brake fluid and how do you test it? Tyre pressure gauges

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:06:48 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article
,
thirty-six wrote:
Cheap Fords have always had dodgy chassis components, it's why I've
personally avoided them. The same brake problems exist today as 40
years ago, itsa Ford, you can't expect more.

'Cheap' Fords? Have you compared prices recently?
For a very long time Ford Uk have used the same brake makers as many
others - including BL.
And BL have produced some cars with about the worst brakes going. Mini.
SD1. Etc.

He really is full of ****, isn't he?
That one he came out with above that - about steam bubbles from water
in the brake line only leading to a soft pedal, is fecking priceless.
I've had pad fade and water/steam fade and I know the difference,
unlike 3/6d, who I suspect has had neither.
It's only by running ****e old cars and experiencing the
trials/tribulations of them you get to learn these things.