Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default AC connection - flaring pipe

On Feb 7, 8:19*am, Limp Arbor wrote:
Was watching and old episode of ATOH the other day and Rich was with
an AC guy in Florida. *They were installing AC in a garage. *To make
the connections the guy just flared the pipe and tightened them down.

I know on cars brake lines will leak if you don't double-flare them.
Is the pressure in an AC system that much lower that a single-flare
won't leak?

Probably. I'm not sure what typical AC pressures are in a residential
system but I am guessing somewhere in the hundreds of PSI range.
Automotive brake systems can run at 2500 PSI or even more during a
panic stop.

nate