Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC connection - flaring pipe

Must be. I typically use silver solder, or silver braze. But, many
refrigeration systems I use, have flare fittings.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
Was watching and old episode of ATOH the other day and Rich was with
an AC guy in Florida. They were installing AC in a garage. To make
the connections the guy just flared the pipe and tightened them down.

I know on cars brake lines will leak if you don't double-flare them.
Is the pressure in an AC system that much lower that a single-flare
won't leak?