Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Commercial (shop) lighting - recommendations?

On 07/02/2012 10:11, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 07/02/2012 09:55, Nightjar wrote:

... Unless, of course, you simply plan to heap lots of stuff
inside and hope that people will find something they want. They probably
won't bother to look though.

Touch of negativity going on here..?

Merely an observation on many arts and craft places, of which we have
quite a few in the area.

We _do_ understand the need to have attractive, bright, uncluttered
displays - which is why I'm asking about lighting....

A lot of retailers don't seem to understand the principles of displaying
goods.

As an additional thought, you can get low energy downlighters, which,
while not as good as steerable spots, could give you areas of higher
light levels where you can place displays, without being too expensive
to run.

Colin Bignell