Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Commercial (shop) lighting - recommendations?

On 07/02/2012 09:59, NT wrote:

Fluorescent is cheap, hence its been so popular for so long. With the
old linear tubes, the longer the tube the more efficient, both
energywise and moneywise. So whatever you do, at least a percentage of
flourescent helps keep costs down. Spotlighting is pricey to run on a
per result basis.

An Indian restaurant near us was refitted a few years ago with mains
halogen lamps, probably about 100 ceiling inserts in all each placed
about 75cms apart. Pretty bright clinical lighting.

Though, when we went in there recently, every second bulb had been
removed. And the remaining replaced with a supermarket CFL hanging off a
cable attached to a bodged-in chocolate block connector. I'm sure that
wasn't in the original quote for the garish makeover!

Food still great. All ye can eat buffet for £7.95. How do thay do that!

(Answer: it's now a bit dark....)

--
Adrian C