Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Never place your phone in a microwave oven

On Feb 2, 7:59*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 2, 8:37*pm, wrote:

This is listed in the owners manual for my cellphone.

"Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will
cause the battery to explode."

Ummmmmmm, why would someone microwave a cellphone?
Do some people think they're they edible?

To dry them, perhaps?

BTW...that's what a bowl of rice is for.

About one year ago I ran mine through the washer and dryer. It
appeared to be dead until the store sales guy popped a new battery in
and it came to life. They opened the case, dried it with a hair dryer
and it ran for another year - well, except for the camera.

RonB