Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Asbestos

On Feb 2, 10:18*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 05:29:25 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

In addition, the state requires a disclosure form that the
seller must fill out where they ask a long list of questions,
many of which I think are stupid. *I'll bet the question of
asbestos is on there. *If you lied, the buyer would have
recourse.

So what if it is on there? *That does not make anything illegal or
unsafe. *There is a lot of hysteria about asbestos. *Under certain
circumstances, it can be a hazard, but left alone and covered, it is
harmless.

The question was "Why is it even legal to sell a home
with asbestos that needs to be removed?". Read my
reply in that context and the question on the form could
indeed matter.