Campbell Freeman

Default Finish for Antique Furniture

Thanks,

I failed to mention to say I have used it too with excellent results. I
especially like the fact that you can rub it down while still wet and dull
the finish. I don't like glossy wood finishes.

Thanks again,

Campbell

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Minwax Antique Oil Finish.

--

Rumpty

"Campbell Freeman" wrote in message
After reading this newsgroup for a while, I see many opinions about

finishes
for antique furniture repair & restoration. What is the consensus as to

the
best topcoat for antique furniture after restoration, repair, and

staining?
I do not use lacquer and do not have a sprayer. I do work on a small
scale...a few pieces at a time and am not a professional. I have used

tung
oil and Waterlox (tung oil) with good results in the past. Are there

better
alternatives?

Thanks very much,

Campbell Freeman