Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Lessons learned on my first alt.home.repair mortar & flagstonejob! (thanks to all)

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 08:57:08 -0800, Oren wrote:

Along the same lines

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention I'm learning that snapping lines is critical.

So I bought a chalk line and started snapping away.

The edge against the wall is easy to get the runoff slope:
http://picturepush.com/public/7508968

But how do you get the slope away from the wall lined up?
(I snapped a line on the form but I'm positive that form will move as I
jostle it about.)

Note: I used hard plastic tubing for a joint spacer (which I can pull
away while the concrete is wet, I hope).

This should leave a tunnel for water to flow outward if more cracks form
in the connection between the wall and the stone mortar.