Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default which repairs should be first

On 2/6/2012 11:44 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 07:48:42 -0600,
wrote:

I'm considering buying a house that needs a new roof (shingle),
foundation repair, sheetrock repair, cracked ceramic floor tile,
etc... . Does the order of repair matter for the roof vs foundation
repair? This is for a one story house (around 2400 sq feet) built
around 1993.

Depends how bad it is. If the foundation is no good the roof is a
waste - and if the roof leaks like a seive, the foundation will
allwats be wet. I'd make sure the foundation is sound before wasting
money on the roof - even if it meant tarping the roof for a couple of
weeks.

Definitey fix the roof before the drywall, and the founstion before
the ceramic floor.

Sounds reasonable.