Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default which repairs should be first

On 2/6/2012 7:48 AM, Doug wrote:
I'm considering buying a house that needs a new roof (shingle),
foundation repair, sheetrock repair, cracked ceramic floor tile,
etc... . Does the order of repair matter for the roof vs foundation
repair? This is for a one story house (around 2400 sq feet) built
around 1993.

As other say, real answer is in the unknown details...

I'd say sounds like probably needs to start w/ the drainage as a
conjecture, proceed to foundation work required and then on to the roof
and rest of structure.

But, also as others note, unless you're basically being handed the
property, sounds like a potential money $ink w/ marginal payback...