Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Screwing Versus Nailing Studs

mcp6453 wrote:
I'm watching Holmes. In many cases, his crew is screwing studs where other shows
I watch use nails. Is that a Canadian thing, personal preference, better, worse,
or what? They're building a wall, and they're screwing the studs into the header
and the plate (or whatever they're called.)

I tried nailing by hand, that does not work. Everything shifts. A nail gun
should work. I find screwing fairly easy, and also easy to remove, just in
case! Check codes. If your going into treated lumber, use the right screws.

Greg