Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default TIVO Series-2 remote-control. Top round button won't go "up". Fix?

In article ,
Ron wrote:

Solution is buy a replacement remote on Ebay

or buy a used tivo locally think thrift store or craigslist..

this can get you a remote and a hard drive you can repurpose.

Thanks!

David

Carefully take it apart and clean it with rubbing alcohol and q tips.
Oil from you fingers can get inside the remote and make it act crazy.
I had a Mitsubishi TV remote that was acting up and when I took it
apart there was a layer of what looked like Vaseline between the
rubber keypad and the circuit board. Cleaned it with alcohol and q
tips and then it worked fine.

Hmmm. Think I'll wait until it's almost unusable before I
try that.

Mainly because I currently see no any easy way to take it apart.

For now I can live with it, even though it can be a pain.
When it gets worse I look into both ebay and also taking
it apart.

(I did take apart (one screw!) 1-9 pushbutton thing for
the garage door opener and cleaned it up as suggested --
worked far better. About time for me to do it again.)

Thanks!

David