Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast
J G Miller J G Miller is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On Monday, February 6th, 2012, at 16:19:04h +0000, Geoffrey S. Mendelson asked:

J G Miller wrote:

Carrying a PRI relay of BBC World Service is far cheaper than paying
for NPR programming, so many smaller public radio stations prefer this
option for obvious reasons.

Didn't the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation help pay for it?

I could be wrong but I do not think that they specifically put any
money into BBC World Service on PRI affiliates. The partnership
between BBC World Service and PRI arose partly out of a joint news
program from Boston and WGBH "The World", and in response to
the BBC stopping their HF service to North America.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is active in funding a lot
of public radio and TV programming via the CPB for PBS programs
and directly with NPR, and with American Public Media (whose programs
are heard on both NPR affliates and PRI affliates).