Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/5/2012 5:55 PM, Stuart wrote:
In ,
wrote:
Actually, that was done about ten years back and presented as a paper to
AES:

http://jn.physiology.org/content/83/6/3548.full

Fascinating.

What I will freely admit is this:

As a musician (guitar player) I used to stand next to the piano in church*
- not a Steinway (sp?) or anything posh but a decent enough instrument. My
one time singing teacher has a baby-grand in her front room. I have never
heard any recording reproduced on any system, or any electric piano, that
sounds quite like a real piano. Whether that is because I am
sub-consciously responding to the "hypersonic effect" of content in the
live sound I have no idea but it is fact.

Now, I don't care who you are, that there's the _holy grail_ of the art
and science of recording!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010