Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Engine Hoist, convert to more useful crane.

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

Here's a crane constructed similar to the engine hoist type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3h6jVbS2_k

RogerN

I admit that I've concocted stuff like that but don't want to describe it
and get anyone hurt. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have load cells to proof
test it. Friends who see it will want to borrow it, and likely be less
careful than you.

Can you find a higher place to put the crane instead of modifying it? (hint,
hint)

I didn't have any trouble lifting an Atlas lathe in or out of my truck with
a Homier bed-mounted crane.

jsw