Morris Dovey

Default Vacuum Clamping

Paul Kierstead wrote:

I have been contemplating building a vac press system in a
little while so maybe you can answer my question; I have a
fairly large window AC unit I am not longer using, is the
compressor in this [generally] suitable? i.e. I know you
cannot answer my specific case, but do AC units generally
generate a similiar amount of vacuum as a refrigerator?
Otherwise I gotta get to selling the d**n thing cause it is
taking up room in my shop...

Yes.

Having said that, I'd suggest looking around for a free
refrigerator, then sell the window AC and use the proceeds to buy
a vacuum sealing unit so you can produce your own bags (-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA