Paul Kierstead

Default Vacuum Clamping

In article ,
Morris Dovey wrote:

This is the easiest and most simple of all possible setups (-:

[1] Remove compressor from refrigerator
[2] Plug in compressor and identify vacuum (intake)
[3] Slip plastic tubing over intake
[4] Connect other end of plastic tube to first puck
[5] Clean up any spilled oil

See the 5th photo down at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/pix.html

I have been contemplating building a vac press system in a little while
so maybe you can answer my question; I have a fairly large window AC
unit I am not longer using, is the compressor in this [generally]
suitable? i.e. I know you cannot answer my specific case, but do AC
units generally generate a similiar amount of vacuum as a refrigerator?
Otherwise I gotta get to selling the d**n thing cause it is taking up
room in my shop...