chris French

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

In message , BigWallop
writes

"chris French" wrote in message
Decide on placing, mark out and drill the first hole for the fixing
screws, drill goes off line a bit.. Peer into hole, notice something
shiny - realise it's the exposed live conductor of the ring main feeding
the above mentioned sockets etc.........

The question is - where was my brain at the time?

The first time I done that was through a 6mm csa, cable feeding a cooker
unit. I drilled through a door standard with 16mm spade bit and not
realising there was cable behind it, BANG !!! FLASH !!!! WALLOP !!!

Luckily I only just caught one conductor, so no excitement - I would
imagine it would have still worked fine as long as you didn't stick you
finger in the hole.

I have drilled a cable before though buried deep in a wall, no evidence
that a cable should be ruining anyway near
it.

Biggest electrical fright I had was when I was about 15, I was helping
out at my cousins house they were doing up. There was a very old and
defunct fuse box to be removed. They said it was all disconnected, I
didn't check of course. I forget exactly what happened, but the mains
supply was obviously still live as at one point there was a great big
BANG, FLASH etc. and I fell off the step ladder.
--
Chris French, Leeds