Morris Dovey

Default Vacuum Clamping

Eric Anderson wrote:

Can you run the refrigerator pump without regulation? I would
assume that you would want an accumulator to keep pulsations
low.

Eric...

This is the easiest and most simple of all possible setups (-:

[1] Remove compressor from refrigerator
[2] Plug in compressor and identify vacuum (intake)
[3] Slip plastic tubing over intake
[4] Connect other end of plastic tube to first puck
[5] Clean up any spilled oil

See the 5th photo down at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/pix.html

I haven't noticed any pulsating; but assume that means the system
might be oscillating between, say 26.5" Hg and 27" Hg. If that
happened, I don't think I'd really care so long as my work was
held securely, which certainly hasn't been a problem so far.

Hmm. I hadn't thought about adding any kind of accumulator; but I
suspect that the 20' or so of tubing and the pucks themselves
make up a /sort/ of accumulator. I'm inclined to think that it's
much better to keep it simple.

Don't make a hard problem out of an easy one, nor an expensive
one where it doesn't have to be. Life is already complex enough.
Save your money to buy some really interesting wood. [-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA