Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Granite Counter Tops

"dadiOH" wrote in :

Ken wrote:
Han wrote:
Silestone features a range of more than 65 unique colors, so no
matter what your taste or style, we've got the perfect fit.

I would just like to say that I too have Silestone and have had it
for a few years now. I spent more time than I probably should have
trying to decide if Granite or a Quartz top was the best choice. I
chose Silestone even though it costs more than Granite after that
research. I am glad I decided as I did. Highly recommended.

The thing that confuses me is that quartz is a mineral, not a stone;
and yet, the manufacturer seems to imply that it is a naturally
occuring stone. Confusing too, is the range of colors offered; quartz
does come in some different colors - purple (amethyst) for one - but
it is normally colorless; en masse, whitish.

Is silestone made by embedding quartz in a matrix (probably acrylic)?

Yes, "quartz" countertops are made by embedding quartz in a "polymeric"
matrix. I put 2 photos up on abpw (or will soon), so you can see.

--
Best regards
Han