Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Granite Counter Tops

Ken wrote:
Han wrote:
Silestone features a range of more than 65 unique colors, so no
matter what your taste or style, we've got the perfect fit.

I would just like to say that I too have Silestone and have had it for
a few years now. I spent more time than I probably should have trying
to decide if Granite or a Quartz top was the best choice. I chose
Silestone even though it costs more than Granite after that research.
I am glad I decided as I did. Highly recommended.

The thing that confuses me is that quartz is a mineral, not a stone; and
yet, the manufacturer seems to imply that it is a naturally occuring stone.
Confusing too, is the range of colors offered; quartz does come in some
different colors - purple (amethyst) for one - but it is normally colorless;
en masse, whitish.

Is silestone made by embedding quartz in a matrix (probably acrylic)?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...