Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SIMPLE electrical job. Cost via electrician? chg direct-wireto plug & socket

On 2/4/12 2:04 PM, Horace Greeley wrote:

The only circuits in my home that are 15 amp are the lighting circuits.
ALL receptacles are 20 amp on 20 amp circuits.

And FWIW, my 70,000 Btu Lochinvar gas hot water heater came from the
factory with a 120v plug on it. The literature states my water heater is
suitable for use as a space heating appliance.

They all plug in, they all passed inspection.

You can ****in' nit-pick all you want but there's not much difference
between my 70,000 Btu water heater and both my 60,000 Btu gas furnaces.

http://www.lochinvar.com/_linefiles/...ual%202011.pdf

Another yeahbut. The literature from Lochinvar says it's ok.
It came from the factory with a plug. That would fall under UL or
whoever's jurisdiction.
Code instructors often repeated the "Read the instructions" mantra
in the continuing classes I've attended.