Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
coffelt2 coffelt2 is offline

Default Small 4 jaw independant chuck?

Thanks everyone, there were some good ideas, all of them.

The woodworm screw is cool, I tried it and it has merit!

"littlemachineshop" had some chucks that certainly would
fill the bill, but did have to have some minor machine shop
work to adapt to my 1" X 8 TPI spindle.

I started a homemade "Cole" jaw (about a year ago)
that one of this group had on his website. It could
solve more than one problem!

Grizzly had two independant jaw chucks that had adapters
for my spindle...... both looked kind of cheap, and were not,
in fact, very expensive. I think I'll drive up to Bellingham and
look at both of them close-up.

Thanks again!
Old Chief Lynn