Posted to rec.woodworking
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

In article ,
Swingman wrote:

Which microphone is Google confusing you about?

Nothing to do with google, I'm quoting manufactures figures here.

A "flat" response from 20Hz to 20 kHz is just that "flat" .. double your
figure "10k" above.

Go look yourself at the curves for the microphone I mentioned. 4dB down at
20Hz, notionally flat between 5Hz and about 7K, rising to a peak of +4dB
at 10k then rapidly falling off from about 13k to be -6dB at 20k. I would
estimate without copying and drawing it out on graph paper (yes I have
the proper bode plot paper) it's about -30dB at 30kHz. At your fanciful
50kHz it's out of sight.

And "notts" being an audio engineering term from what planet?

Ah, of course, I forgot I'm talking to Americans with their poor education.

"Rate of Notts" - standard expression referring to speed in Nautical miles
per hour - Notts. Translation for your benefit - the output is falling
very rapidly with increasing frequency.

You are out of your element

Oh No sunshine, after nearly 40 years as an electronics engineer I know
exactly what I'm talking about but perhaps you'd better stick to woodwork.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org