Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

Art Shapiro wrote:
On 2/3/2012 10:27 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

i can only say i hope you're kidding, and i hope the page i pulled up is
some kind of hacker joke. 2500samolians for TEN feet of cable?? LMAO!!
What a racket.

Steve, folks who see the price of some upper end power tools might well
feel the same way. Gee, even some bleedin' HAND tools can drop someone's
jaw who thinks Craftsman is the best there is.

I'm not a wealthy individual by any stretch of the imagination, but am
willing to expend some of my disposable income on good audio. If you
think the $2500 for 10 feet is reprehensible, you probably would retch
at what I'm using now. But it is a good match for the system.

Art

For me, I think a better word is "unconsionable"--if intended for my
personal use. For a theatre, it may be quite reasonable. The "snob
appeal" seems to me part of the attraction to many--like fine jewelry.
My dad would said (to me), "Just don't come to me looking for any help
down the road!" : )

You say you are "not wealthy, by any strech of the imagination", so that
makes me concerned you might not pass Suzy Orman's "Can I afford it?"
segment! : ) If you would pass, then enjoy ! : )