Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default What tool do you use to make parallel lines when cutting flagstone (or anything)?

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:48:53 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 04:17:40 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

PS: I ended up marking distance from the edge and drawing the lines
connecting the dots ... but there MUST be a better way.

Do you have a combination square?

Hold a pencil at the end and slide the square along the edge of the
stone...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Set_square1.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I don't need the crutch, now-- but many
years ago I drilled a hole in the groove at the 1" mark. Then I'd
poke the scribe through the hole.

Jim