Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Granite Counter Tops

mcp6453 wrote in
news
On 2/4/2012 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Buy what you like, don't worry about the next hot trend.

But what will my neighbors think? Seriously, we're thinking of selling
the house in the next few years. I always like to consider resale
value. We've lived with neutral colored walls forever for that reason.
Thankfully we like that color. Or non-color.

In that case, get estimates for what different countertops would cost.
Don't do anything to yours, but supply the estimates to potential buyers.
Then they can choose. If you install something now, you have the mess, and
then you have limited the potential buyers to whoever likes that particular
surface, and eliminated all others. I know, buying a home is visceral, and
if you can put in something that is liked, you got the buyer on the hook.

--
Best regards
Han