Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Spellchecker

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 15:09:17 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 14:28:43 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 03/02/2012 19:00, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:50:47 +0000
Bill wrote:

Adrian wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
Received this afternoon:

"...and we have warned the tenant that if there is no fault with
the TV system and it is her equipment that is at fault she will
be boiled."

Bill

That's a bit harsh.

Cruel but fair, that's our motto.

Interviewer: But the police have film of the TV aerial contractor
actually nailing your head to the floor. Tenant: Oh yeah, well -
he did that, yeah. Interviewer: Why?
Tenant: Well he had to, didn't he? I mean, be fair, there was
nothing else he could do. I mean, I had transgressed the unwritten
law. Interviewer: What had you done? Tenant: Er... Well he never
told me that. But he gave me his word that it was the case, and
that's good enough for me with Mr Wright. I mean, he didn't want to
nail my head to the floor. I had to insist. He wanted to let me
off. There's nothing Mr Wright wouldn't do for you. Interviewer:
And you don't bear him any grudge? Tenant: A grudge! Old Wrighty?
He was a real darling. Interviewer: I understand he also nailed
your wife's head to a coffee table. Isn't that right Mrs O' Tracey?
[Camera pans to show woman with coffee table nailed to head.] Mrs
O' Tracey: Oh, no. No. No.
Tenant: Yeah, well, he did do that. Yeah, yeah. He was a cruel man,
but fair.

You've been watching too much Monty Python, Bill.

I can't find that sketch?

It's the one about the Piranha brothers - ****-take on the Krays.

Here you a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZkWL-XvO0U

The relevant part starts at about 4:00, for just over 2 minutes.

Oh, and my mother-in-law lived round the corner from, and knew, Mrs Kray
(their mum).

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org