Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are there any quality boilers/manufacturers, at any price?

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
There are two-stroke diseel trucks. The Commer TS-3 was two-stroke.

Abandoned by the makers half a century ago as too complex, too expensive
to produce and too inefficient. Next...

Commer was part of the Rootes Group which went near bankrupt. Car makes
they owned included Humber, Hillman, Singer, Sunbeam and Talbot. Were
taken over by Chrysler who also failed. The European side was sold to
Peugeot.
Another classic example of a UK car company who failed because they didn't
invest in enough new models. The one which they did - the Imp - had many
design flaws when introduced. Which, of course, were blamed on the
workforce. Although there were problems there - the government of the day
forced them to build a new factory in a part of the world not used to car
building - Linwood, Glasgow.

--
*I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.