Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT unsigned title

Winston wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:37 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
Add trailers and things get giggly pretty quickly.

Backing downhill around a corner in the rain after dark with a trailer
is when it gets truly interesting.

Not for me, man!

Backing a trailer straight across an open parking lot is a challenge for me.

It's hard to reverse your thinking and drive counterintuitively, isn't
it? "To move the trailer to the right, turn the steering wheel to the
left." Then I look at double and triple trailers and get all goosey.

I give lots of room and respect to semis backing
into driveways in traffic. It is very rare to see
them take more than just one try. I couldn't do that
to save my life.

Like this guy? ;-)

GIVE ME 40 ACRES (TO TURN THIS RIG AROUND)
(Earl Green / John William Greene)
The Willis Brothers - 1964

He was headin' into Boston in a big, long diesel truck
It was his first trip to Boston, he was having lots of luck
He was going the wrong direction down a one-way street in town
And this is what he said when the police chased him down.

CHORUS:
Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around
It's the easiest way that I've found ...
Some guys can turn it on a dime or turn it right downtown
But I need forty acres to turn this rig around.

When he finally found where to unload, he had a dreadful shock
His trailer pointed toward the road and his cab right to the dock
And as he looked around him through the tears he made this sound
Oh, give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around.

CHORUS

When he finally got unloaded, he was glad to leave the town
He was very, very happy, headin' back to Alabam'
When up ahead he saw a sign, said; "You are Northward bound."
He said; "Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around."

He was driving down the right lane, when ahead he saw a sign
Now he's gotta make a left turn, but he cannot get in line
And the tears were streaming down his cheeks and they all heard him
yell
"Give me forty sticks of dynamite and I'll blow this thing to ... !"

CHORUS