Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 02/02/2012 12:15, dennis@home wrote:

"Ste" wrote in message

The fact is, the mental resources required to monitor and maintain
one's compliance with speed limits, has to met from a necessarily
limited supply of those resources. There will *always* be situations
where circumstances are such that the full extent of potentially
relevant sensory information overwhelms your ability to process it
all,

If that is the case you are driving at an unsafe speed.
Why do you have a problem realising that it is not good driving to
ignore information just so you can drive faster?

You're saying that as if someone is choosing to ignore information. They
are not. All human brains ignore information automatically, as they cannot
cope with it all - even at rest!

Look straight ahead. Now look quickly to your right. You saw a continuous
moving scene didn't you? Well no, you didn't. You saw ahead of you and to
your right, but while you were turning you actually saw nothing for a
moment, then your brain went back and filled in a memory of what it
thought you "ought" to have seen. That is the way our brains work and part
of what I have said elsewhere about information we can take in.

We all know, or should know, about the little tricks the human systems do.
That doesn't mean you can't avoid them by thinking.

I will state again, if you don't have enough time to analyze what you need
to be able to see when driving then you are driving too fast.

If you get caught on a speed camera it is not the cameras fault, you just
aren't as good a driver as you think you are.